Hi guys! I’m the “Joy” behind Floral Joy located in Wilmore, KY! Apart from my plant cart and dried floral bar within The Olive Branch, Floral Joy provides joyfully created, nature-inspired arrangements for life’s special occasions; custom designs that turn special events into memorable experiences; and hands-on workshops and interactive pop-ups that give people their own special experience with flowers.
Floral Joy is all about reminding others to “stop and smell the roses” and to notice and celebrate the beauty that surrounds us. I believe that flowers speak, if we will listen. There is something about their ephemeral beauty and short lifespan that calls us to truly be present in the moments of life and remember what really matters most. I believe that they were meant to enhance our lives in so many ways. Flowers have been a healing presence in my life and I want to use them to spread hope and joy to a weary and wounded world. I just want to get more flowers into the hands of more people because each and every person deserves to experience the joy of flowers! My greatest joy is to spread floral joy!
With our Planting Party coming up I wanted to highlight a few of the MANY benefits of house plants!
I truly believe that having plants in our homes can make a huge difference in our lives. I’ve personally experienced this and that’s why I’m passionate about getting plants into the hands and homes of those in my community. Many studies have been done to bring to light the positive impact plants can make on us mentally, physically, and emotionally and I wanted to highlight just a few of these effects that I think are amazing!
Positive Mental Benefits:
- Plants impact our mental health by boosting our mood, productivity, concentration, creativity, focus, attentiveness and mental clarity!
- People in offices with plants are more productive, make fewer mistakes, and have better overall attitudes.
- Students in classrooms with plants perform better, are more attentive and focused, and have increased creativity.
Having plants in our homes makes a huge difference for those of us who work from home and/or are homeschooling kids!
Positive Physical Benefits:
- Plants are proven to reduce stress levels and as a direct effect boost your immune system in return! We could all use some of that!
- They also help to cleanse/purify the air by absorbing toxins, reducing dust, increasing humidity and producing oxygen. Because of this they can actually physically help heal stuffy noses and sore throats caused by allergies and colds!
- It’s been proven that patients in hospitals heal faster in environments that have plants!
I have great news! Some of the best plants for air purification are some of the easiest ones to care for- snake plants, pothos, and philodendron to name a few!
Positive Emotional Benefits:
- Plants have been proven to reduce anxiety, depression, and loneliness.
- Plants are actually therapeutic (and cheaper than a therapist)… The color psychology behind the color green is incredible! Just the color itself promotes feelings of balance, peace, and relaxation. No wonder God made so much of nature green!
I hope you guys learned something new about the positive impact that plants can have on us. And I hope this inspires you to keep filling up your homes with plants- it truly matters and make a difference! I hope to make every single person I come into contact with a “crazy plant lady/dude”!
We would love to have you join us for our Potting Party on Saturday, Aug. 15 from 12-3 at The Olive Branch! To RSVP click the link below: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/113811870368
For special orders, questions, or ANYTHING else please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call/text 859-334-0738!